Work with us! We're Hiring!
Want to work for a creative and exciting enterprise in the Kent Countryside?
Bombus has a vacancy at our Oast House location in Faversham. It's a great opportunity to work for a small local company. Are you interested in working for a dynamic independent business? Then what are you waiting for! Apply Now email@example.com
We’re looking for an adaptable, determined, organised and pragmatic professional to join our team. You'll be take the lead on customer service, and have overall accountability and ownership of all of the administrative activities that facilitate a busy creative studio.
This is a full time, permanent studio-based role.
Application deadline: Thursday 4th November 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£21,000.00 per year
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Daily processing all new customer orders from various ecommerce platforms
- Responding to customer enquiries, returns and complaints online and by telephone
- Working closely with the Studio Manager to managing stock levels, forecasting supply volumes and ordering supplies
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are met throughout the studio, including updating and implementing measures to ensure a COVID-19 secure workspace.
- Working closely with the Studio Manager to plan and update the rota for the production team, including annual schedules for holiday closures (such as Christmas) and overtime expectations.
- Wholesale customer liaison and order processing, this includes working closely with Accounts.
- Maintaining the condition of the studio and arranging for necessary repairs, including contributing to the cleanliness and organisation of the office and communal areas
- Assisting with maintaining product listings on all the various online selling platforms
- Working closely with the studio on postage methods and pricings
- Assisting in dispatching and packing of daily orders during busy periods in the studio
- Receiving, checking, and approving deliveries of stock and post
- HR administrative duties such as approval of holidays, recording sick leave.
- Maintaining, implementing, and training on new administrative and filing systems, such as record management and postal systems
- Organising annual in-studio sales
- Organising attendance as an exhibitor at trade and retail fairs
- Attending trade and retail fairs as a delegate and/or representing Bombus as an exhibitor
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Experience with a range of office software: Microsoft Office and web CMS essential
- a friendly and sympathetic approach to customer service
- excellent communication and influencing skills
- strong organisational and planning skills
- experience of managing a small team
- computer literacy and good typing skills and grammar
- accuracy with impeccable attention to detail
- experience with juggling tasks and prioritising
- ability to be a team player and muck in with whatever needs doing
- a high level of energy and stamina
We are a small company of designer-makers. We create hand-made gifts, home accessories and one-off art pieces which we sell from our own e-comm site. Our products also sell via several other online marketplaces across the world, as well as into independent boutique retailers within the UK and beyond.
Please take a look around our site for further details about us and to see the products we make.
WE SHOULD TELL YOU:
At certain times of the year (especially Christmas) the workload often dictates increased working hours and will involve weekend and/or evening working. You may also be required to attend off-site meetings or trade shows taking place in the evening or at weekends. Advance warning will always be given.
Our stunning rural location just outside Faversham is not served by public transport so your own transport is absolutely essential.
Start date: ASAP
To apply: Send your CV and cover letter, and which role you're interested in, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email the Team on email@example.com if you have any questions before applying.
We're very aware of the pressures the COVID pandemic has put on employees and employers over the past few years. We follow government advice at all times and do our best to make the work environment as stress free as possible during these times.
This role is a studio based role with no scope for home working.
However, we have put in many measures to keep our staff as safe as possible. If you have any concerns or queries about how we are dealing with the pandemic and working on site please drop us a line and we will do our best to reassure you.