Which colour are you? Spotlight on Becky
My name's Becky and I'm the Content Editor / Marketing Manager at Bombus. In a nutshell, I'm responsible for planning, creating, editing and publishing content on our website as well as the other online marketplaces we sell on and for all other channels of communication.
Following from my previous blog post Which colour are you? in which I told you about our Team Effectiveness Day with Dan Oakley from Motivus Consulting, I thought it might be useful to give you a better understanding about what each colour means.
I was identified as Red - a 'Motivating Director' on The Insights Colour Wheel, and this article aims to give you a brief explanation of what that means about me.
The following statements have been taken from my own Personal Profile, which if you read the previous post, was given to me at the end of the session (we all got our own individual one). The Profile documents are drawn from our responses to the Insights Preference Evaluator - the online questionnaire we each undertook prior to the session with Dan.
I'm going to give you a brief synopsis of my 19 page document, pulling out key statements that really touched me. Can you recognise yourself in any of the points below?
- Takes advantage of opportunities
- Constantly juggling a large number of projects
- Enjoys a challenge
- Exhibits impatience with disorganised individuals
- Doesn't always take time to hear others views
- Will loose interest quickly if the challenge diminishes
Strategies for communicating with Becky
- Be straightforward, fast, efficient and to the point
- Be alert and quick on your feet
- Use powerful and emotive adjectives
When communicating with Becky, DO NOT:
- Talk slowly, mumble or whisper (Yep. Just don't.)
- Come unprepared and disorganised (grrrrrrr)
- Involve her in formal, lengthy or tedious meetings
Suggestions for development
- Really listen to the views of others
- Slow down
- Recognising that her bull in a china shop approach is sometimes inappropriate
There is SO much more detail in my profile but I hope this gives you just a tiny taster of what I learnt and recognised about myself. Some of it quite painful to read but hugely valuable information to work with to develop strategies for personal growth and effective communication with my colleagues.
Over the coming weeks and months, we'll be putting the spotlight on more members of the Bombus team for our blog, so keep popping back to discover the traits of the other colours.
Author: Becky Smith
Content editor / Marketing manager