We're looking for talented design interns who want to be part of our team, creating and making our gifts and home accessories.
We are now in our fourth year of providing two week, travel expenses-paid, intern placements at our studio in just outside Faversham, in Kent. Forget the clichéd coffee runs and photo-copying, we provide a fast-paced, hands-on experience in which your creative and technical skills are applied every day.
The sort of thing you’ll be doing (and of course, training will be provided):
- working alongside designers – creative ideas and suggestions always welcome
- using laser cutter machines
- learning to choose appropriate and relevant maps, fabrics and materials
- hand dyeing and sanding products
- hand-finishing personalised products
- gift wrapping
- participating within a team environment
We urge all our interns to get stuck in, learn new skills and have fun!
What we are looking for:
- ideally, you’ll be a graduate from art/design or product design background
- experience in working with Adobe Illustrator is a distinct advantage
- a strong creative eye
- attention to detail is critical
- well-developed practical skills
- innovative way of thinking
- passionate about up-cycling
Intern-ships also provide you with fantastic networking opportunities. Everyone you meet whilst doing your intern-ship is a potential contact that you may be able to use in the future to advance in your career.
It’s good for us too
We encourage interns to challenge our methods and greatly welcome fresh, new ideas to the company. Questioning us and our processes can often help us see a better way of doing things, things that because we’ve been doing it in one way for so long, we might not have thought of.
We hope our intern scheme will help you get a foot on the career ladder. It’s a small way we can give back to our local community.
Intern-ships will be available from May until September 2016. Please email me: email@example.com telling me why you’d like to be considered as an intern, along with your CV and a PDF version (or similar) of your creative portfolio.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Amie Butler, Studio Manager