We're seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic office manager to cover maternity leave.
We’re looking for an adaptable, determined, organised and pragmatic office manager to join our team. You'll be take the lead on customer service, and have overall accountability and ownership of all of the administrative activities that facilitate a busy creative studio.
The role is a full time, fixed term 1 year contract to cover maternity leave.
What you'll be doing:
- Daily processing all new customer orders from various platforms
- Responding to customer enquiries, returns and complaints online and by telephone
- Wholesale and retail customer liaison including creating sales orders/invoices, filing
- Attending trade and retail fairs as a delegate and representing Bombus as an exhibitor
- Working closely with the Studio Manager to plan and update the rota for the production team
- Managing stock levels and ordering supplies
- Maintaining the condition of the studio and arranging for necessary repairs
- Ensuring health and safety standards are met throughout the studio
- Assisting with maintaining product listings on all the various online selling platforms
- Maintaining, implementing and training on new administrative and filing systems, including record management and postal systems
- Organising attendance as an exhibitor at trade and retail fairs
What you'll need:
- Experience with Microsoft Office and web CMS essential, Quickbooks an advantage
- A friendly and sympathetic approach to customer service
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Experience of managing a small team
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- Accuracy with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with juggling tasks and prioritising
- Ability to be a team player and muck in with whatever needs doing
We are a small company of designer-makers. We create hand-made gifts, home accessories and one-off art pieces which we sell from our own e-comm site. Our products also sell via several other online marketplaces across the world, as well as into independent boutique retailers within the UK and beyond.
Please take a look around our site for further details about us and to see the products we make.
We should tell you:
At certain times of the year (especially Christmas) the workload often dictates increased working hours and may involve weekend and/or evening working. You may also be required to attend off-site meetings or trade shows taking place in the evening or at weekends. Advance warning will always be given.
Our stunning rural location just outside Faversham is not served by public transport so your own transport is absolutely essential.
Application closing date: 28th October 2018
Start date: 7th January 2018