Want to work for a creative and exciting enterprise in the Kent Countryside?
Bombus has a wonderful vacancy at it's Oast House location in Faversham. Are you interested in working for a dynamic independent business? Then what are you waiting for! Apply Now firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a new role based in our workshop studio. You will join our small, artistic team to assist in picking and packing orders and finishing products by hand. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail to ensure that our products are sent beautifully and safely and who can work independently whilst also settling into our little team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
-Working alongside the Studio Production team to put the finishing details on our handmade products.
-Picking and packing all of our gifts to send out to customers every day.
-Working with postal systems and services to send out customer orders.
-Gift wrapping, framing, and finalising products for dispatch.
At Bombus we are passionate about our products and look forward to welcoming an addition to the team who feels the same…
OFFICE MANAGER (JOB APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE NOW CLOSED)
We’re looking for an adaptable, determined, organised and pragmatic professional to join our team. You'll be take the lead on customer service, and have overall accountability and ownership of all of the administrative activities that facilitate a busy creative studio.
This is a full time, permanent role.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Daily processing all new customer orders from various platforms
- Responding to customer enquiries, returns and complaints online and by telephone
- Managing stock levels, forecasting supply volumes and ordering supplies
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are met throughout the studio, including updating and implementing measures to ensure a COVID-19 secure work space.
- Working closely with the Studio Manager to plan and update the rota for the production team, including annual schedules for holiday closures (such as Christmas) and overtime expectations.
- Wholesale and retail customer liaison, including creating sales orders/ invoices, filing
- Maintaining the condition of the studio and arranging for necessary repairs, including contributing to the cleanliness and organisation of the office and communal areas
- Assisting with maintaining product listings on all the various online selling platforms
- Working closely with the studio on postage methods and pricings
- Assisting in dispatching and packing of daily orders during busy periods in the studio
- Receiving, checking, and approving deliveries of stock and post to the Oast House
- HR administrative duties such as approval of holidays, recording sick leave, and producing contracts for new staff members.
- Maintaining, implementing and training on new administrative and filing systems, such as record management and postal systems
- Organising attendance as an exhibitor at trade and retail fairs
- Attending trade and retail fairs as a delegate and/or representing Bombus as an exhibitor
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Experience with a range of office software: Microsoft Office and web CMS essential
- a friendly and sympathetic approach to customer service
- excellent communication and influencing skills
- strong organisational and planning skills
- experience of managing a small team
- computer literacy and good typing skills and grammar
- accuracy with impeccable attention to detail
- experience with juggling tasks and prioritising
- ability to be a team player and muck in with whatever needs doing
- a high level of energy and stamina
We are a small company of designer-makers. We create hand-made gifts, home accessories and one-off art pieces which we sell from our own e-comm site. Our products also sell via several other online marketplaces across the world, as well as into independent boutique retailers within the UK and beyond.
Please take a look around our site for further details about us and to see the products we make.
WE SHOULD TELL YOU:
At certain times of the year (especially Christmas) the workload often dictates increased working hours and will involve weekend and/or evening working. You may also be required to attend off-site meetings or trade shows taking place in the evening or at weekends. Advance warning will always be given.
Our stunning rural location just outside Faversham is not served by public transport so your own transport is absolutely essential.
Start date: ASAP
To apply: Send your CV and cover letter, and which role you're interested in, to email@example.com.
Please email Hannah Meurice on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions before applying.