We are so proud to have been awarded Faversham Business of the Year 2016 at the gala evening last week. We love being a business in Faversham and love where we work.
- We're waiting with keen anticipation for our 2nd round interview next week with the judges of the Swale Business Awards 2016 as yes, we're a finalist again!
- Two weeks down the line after first setting foot into the delightful Bombus Oast, I don't think I've ever been so well acquainted with the world's geography, or glue. Read on to find out what happened when I jointed Bombus for a fortnight.
- All of us at Bombus would like to say a really BIG thank you to everyone who visited our studio sale event and helped make it such a success. Our chosen charity for the event was Kent Refuge Action Network (KRAN).
- You're warmly welcome to our studio for a chance to buy some handmade gifts from a wide selection of design samples; over-stock from trade fairs; slight seconds etc.
- Forget the clichéd coffee runs and photo-copying, we provide a fast-paced, hands-on experience in which your creative and technical skills are applied every day.
- One gets a rather unique appreciation for the shape of places when illustrating for Bombus. Skye, for example has a very pleasing wiggly splosh shape, and has a nice lot of contours which are always fun to draw.
- Hannah Meurice, our cool-headed, calm and reassuring Office Manager has given her three top tips for dealing with customer complaints.
- We had bargains galore; lots of bits and bobs to pick up for a steal, ends of lines, design samples, over-stock from trade fairs; slight seconds...
- We had a great day with Ben Carter, the Marketing Director at notonthehighstreet.com (NOTHS) last week. And so he could get an understanding of what we do, we we put him to work.
- We are so pleased and proud to let you know that we won Small Business of the Year award in the Swale Business Awards 2015, from a shortlist of 15 finalists.
- Like many creative workplaces, Bombus embraces a healthy quota of dyslexic employees. I count myself amongst these numbers and would like to share a bit of my experience in celebration of Dyslexia Awareness Week.
- The bespoke nature of the products we make at Bombus HQ involves a lot of skill, creative craftsmanship and time by our production studio team. However, perhaps a overlooked aspect is just how much walking is involved.
- My name's Becky and I'm the Content Editor / Marketing Manager at Bombus. I was identified as Red - a 'Motivating Director' on The Insights Colour Wheel.
- The Bombus team have recently been treated to a Team Effectiveness Day from Motivus Consulting. Motivus is a training consultancy for management, leaders and teams. I genuinely feel it was a 'treat' to have done this; it was absolutely fascinating.
- We made our debut at Progressive Greetings Live last week. It's a dedicated greetings card trade exhibition, held at Islington's Business Design Centre.
- We've been busy unpacking all the boxes of the stuff we took to Pulse London last week. We had another great show this year, meeting lots of new potential buyers and catching up with old friends and regulars.
- We are now in our third year of providing two week, travel expenses-paid, intern placements at our studio in just outside Faversham, in Kent.
- My house looks like a psychedelic spider’s nest of yarn. There are balls everywhere: on the floor, in the bed, sandwiched between other craft paraphernalia. Despite all this, and with fairly hard-core RSI, I’m still knitting.
- Be my lobster! Did you know lobsters mate for life? Maybe some of you can remember Phoebe from 'Friends' relaying this fact way back when...? This quirky Valentine's card is one of our faves.
- With Valentine’s day just around the corner, here at the Bombus studio we’re feeling soppy. Orders are piling in for our ‘Bag of love heart tokens’ a sweet little gift where customers can personalise little wooden hearts with love messages.
- This is our fourth year of exhibiting at the show and we always enjoy meeting so many new people and of course, catching up with our friends and stockists from all the various shops, boutiques and galleries around the country.
- Working in a map-based job means my bucket list of places to visit grows on a daily basis. I spend everyday looking at maps of far-flung, beautiful places other people have been to... holiday destinations, wedding venues, and honeymoon spots.
- Every year, Notonthehighstreet.com (NOTHS) run The Make Awards to celebrate the the achievements of the Partners who sell through their site. Bombus have been a Partner since 2007. In 2011, we won 'Gift of the Year'.